Monday, December 3, 2012

A College Student / Friend Interview


I interviewed one of my friends, he is also a college students, I asked him about his opinion about technology. And like me he uses technology for his classes, but he also uses it for working purposes. He said that having technology at work was great because he could be working at his job and doing work from college at the same time.
 The first question I ask was “What is your opinion about technology, do you thing that is hurting us or helping us?” his answer was “For me Technology is really great in many different ways, but mainly because of communication.” After that I asked him how does communication changes your life in daily basics, he explained to me that technology helps him to be talking and texting with his girlfriend, friends and family members all day long using his phone in any place at any time. He said that most of the time when he is at college or work his girlfriend is not with him, and he spends most of his time in Mexico helping his father with a family business, his phone and the internet helps him to connect with his love ones even if they are miles apart.
Then I asked him about his opinion about social networks,  he continued and explained that social networks also helped him, he said “you see I am a soccer player, and a really good one, but sometimes I don’t have the time to go to practice with my team, because I have late college classes, and I don’t always know when  and where are we going to have game, but my friends trough social networks tell me the time, date and place of the game ”  He explained that for the most part that is how he uses technology in daily basics.
Then I ask him, do you use technology when you help your father in your family business? He explained that they use technology every day, either by communicating trough the phone or email receiving questions and answering them, he also said that sometimes they have to meet with a client at random places or restaurants, and sometimes they have to Goggle the address to know the location they are looking for.
To finalized my interview  I went for a more direct and personal question, do you consider yourself addicted to technology? He laughed at first and then said, I do all this things every day, I also play video games, not much maybe 7 hours per week, most of the time I am not at home, I usually go out and play sports that is why I use my phone so much, other times I read, but even if I do and use technology this much I don’t think I am addicted to technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment