Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Super Spy


This time I “spied” on other college students, just to see how many of them did use electronic devices. My day started by me sitting in front of the library and seen how many students used cell phones, mp3 players and laptop computers. I stayed in the same place for about 50 min, and I found out that at least 9 out of 10 students where using electronic devices. What really surprised me was that there were some students about 4 – 5, there before me and they were already using electronic devices and they didn't stop, even after I went away, they stalled and keep using their devices.  

After my first period class I had about 30 more minutes free, so decided to continue my investigation, this time on a different location, closed to the two main parking lots at college. The results were not that different from before. But one new thing that I did learned was that there were many small groups of friends sitting and  chatting, the interesting part was that every time one of the members from the same group checked his / her cell phone the rest of them did the same thing or at least checked the time.

I decided to “spy” one more time at math class because I seat at the back of the room and I can watch all the students. By this time I was not surprise to see most of the students’ texting or hearing to music on class. Not all of the students did this; I say about 2/3 of the class did it. This math class is about two hour long, and after an hour we get 5 min break. At this point I went out side of the room, and I saw again most of the students checking their cell phones. Know that I think about it I might be one of them. Maybe some classes should allow texting on during class, who know things might work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment