Monday, November 26, 2012

“Is Technology causing me to lose as much as I gain?”


Good question, for me as a college student the meaning of this question relates to time management. Technology especially computers and phones, can be hurtful to college student in many different ways. Computers can be distraction to student like myself, every time I do online homework, or work on a project using the computer, I get distracted in the middle of my work and always look up my social networks, I start to listen to music, or I began to Google my curiosities, at the end I lose precious time, and I am sure that I am not the only one who does that.

When I am not using the computer, and try to do homework on a book or notebook or even in class, distractions occur either by me looking at my cell phone to social networks or for new messages, or by class mates who forgot to silence his/her phone and the sound of vibration attracted my attention. Video games also affect me, if there is a good game that I enjoy playing, I could play the game for hours,  wasting time that could be used to finish work, study, or  by doing any other more productive thing .

Technology may be harmful, but most of the time it is helpful. It is true that while I use the computer I get distracted, but I still do my work and turn it in on time. English is my second language, and whenever I write something wrong in English, the computer helps me and corrects the word. I can also look up information to help me with homework of any type; I usually look for help in math and programming problems. Phones and video games can be helpful to communicate with others, friends, family members, you name it, and you may even play with them and talk with them at the same time. Technology can distract you sometimes, but for the most part it is a great tool that helps anyone with anything they need to know, from a cooking recipe, to the most difficult thing you can imagine. I leave you with the video I had created.



Link to video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAbimonpuY

No comments:

Post a Comment